Dwight’s coverage of Hudson on the Bend’s closing reminded me that I wanted to put up a list of restaurant openings and closings of note. These are places we’ve either eaten at, thought about eating at, or plan on eating at.
- Cannon + Belle (500 E 4th St, (512) 493-4900): “Creative farm-to-table comfort fare.” Took over Finn & Porter’s space in the Hilton Austin downtown.
- Culinary Dropout (11721 Rock Rose #100, (512) 777-3394): Gastropub chain.
- DeSano Pizza Bakery (8000 Burnet Rd, (512) 323-2426): Nashville chain.
- Kemuri-Tatsuya (2713 East 2nd Street, (512) 893-5561): New restaurant by the Ramen Tatsu-ya people.
- Kuneho (1600 East 6th Street Austin, (512) 436-9626): Paul Qui’s new restaurant.
- Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (11617 Research Blvd., (512) 953-9283): New location of the Houston-based Cajun restaurant chain.
- Ajishin Sushi & Noodle
- Doc’s Motor Works
- El Arroyo (Far West)
- El Azteca
- El Gallo
- EZ’s Brick and Oven
- Finn & Porter
- Hudson’s on the Bend
- Margarita’s Mexican Grill
- Sao Paulo’s
- Schmidt Family BBQ (Lakeway)